As a coach, I know it’s hard to sell your services. You’re in the business of forging genuine, meaningful relationships. You don’t want to come off as salesy, spammy, annoying, or boastful.

That said, selling is still an essential part of growing any business—and yes, that means your business needs selling, too.

The good news is that you can grow your brand without selling at all. It’s all about providing value to your potential clients.

How to sell without selling

Here are few strategies to help you get more comfortable with the concept of ‘selling’ without actually selling.

1. Give away freebies

Everybody loves free stuff! Give potential clients valuable products or knowledge as a way to promote your expertise.

For example, consider hosting a free webinar. There’s nothing salesy about that, right?

The key is to follow up with the attendees after the webinar. Offer a free 15-minute exploratory call to address your potential client’s issues. After they’ve warmed up to you on the webinar and the call, they’re much more likely to buy your services.

If something like a webinar isn’t your style, don’t worry. You can offer something as simple as a blog or resources section on your website to build value without the hard sell.

Just remember to have systems in place to capture people’s information; this helps you connect with people who are interested in your business.

2. Be transparent

Transparency is the best way to build trust and authority. You need to be open about your business practices so you can share valuable tidbits. For example, think about sharing your favorite business tools with your audience.

Reveal as much as you feel comfortable with. Consider revealing your processes, but not how you conduct those processes. In other words, sell the sizzle, not the steak.

Transparency helps people feel like they know you. It also gives them an idea of what to expect if they hire you as their coach.

3. Talk about others

I know this sounds counter-intuitive, but just hear me out. The best way to sell yourself on the sly is to lift up other people.

Think about it: would you want to be friends with someone who talks about themselves all the time? Of course not! The same is true for selling your services.

When it comes to your business, follow the 80/20 rule. You should only be promoting your own blog posts 20% of the time. The other 80% of the time should be promoting other people, like your clients or industry news.

The bottom line…

Don’t let the fear of selling slow down your progress. Embrace these three strategies to sell your business without selling your soul. Find customers in a way that’s genuine and real, setting yourself up for true success.

How do you sell, without selling? Drop me a comment and let me know!

Your story…to be continued